dan's links mcgill university
mcmaster university
homepage
origins institute
<
 

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I don't feel like forming paragraphs, so here is a summary of my day (in no particular order) in point-form using the smallest number of prepositions possible:

- ate large bowl of multi-grain cheerios
- tried to plot isochrones unsuccessfully
- met with Dr. Sills, scoffed merrily at start-up quantum computing company in Burnaby
- met with Dr. Timusk and talked to his son on his office phone for some reason
- printed off reference letter templates; realized grad school apps are even more unreasonable than previously thought
- scarfed down standard buffalo-chicken&chocolate-milk lunch
- decided my mp3 player is a piece of shit
- took a bus to toronto; tried to read on the way but fell asleep
- walked along front street and got all caught up in modern urban professionalism
- had coffee with Jim Handman in the CBC first floor cafe; tried to act like I had more than two questions to ask him, which I did not
- left the CBC building; held the door for an attractive 20-something intern who did not say 'thank you'
- relucantly used my credit card in a phone booth to place a 30 second call to Hamilton; will no doubt cost me $10
- grabbed a chocolate chip mmmuffin
- returned to Hamilton
- cooked up a frozen pizza; had my first experience with Edam cheese which is not bad
- watched a teenage dude decimate two teenage girls on teen jeopardy
- had a heart-to-heart with the roommate on the topics of: hamilton street signs, what I'm doing for reading week, how cbc news was obviously having a very slow news day, how some guy called him an asshole at work for trimming folliage
- returned to campus to read for thursday mid-term
- fell asleep on office couch
- woke up and printed off silly pictures
- took bus home and further developed existing rapport with late-night bus driver lady
- told myself I should document the day to make it seem more impressive
- grabbed a glass of water and wondered if I've actually had anything to drink today besides a coffee

I think that's it.

2 Comments:

Blogger the steph said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:33 p.m.  
Blogger the steph said...

jim handman looks scary
http://www.agu.org/inside/awards/bios/handman_james.jpg

7:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home